Ozeki Modbus Gateway features
Modbus connectivity features
- RS485 serial link: The Modus Gateway allows you to to manage multiple devices on a serial line. For that, you can use RS485, RS232 or other serial links.
- Modbus TCP: This feature can be really useful if you would like to connect the Modbus to TCP/IP gateways. You can easily configure the IP address and the port number of the server.
- Modbus RTU protocol: The Modbus RTU protocol can be used in Modbus Gateway. This protocol is widely accepted due to its easy of use and reliability. The Modbus RTU messages are a simple 16-bit structure with a CRC (Cyclic-Redundant Checksum).
- Modbus ASCII protocol: You can set up your Modbus serial line to use ASCII protocol. When using this protocol, each byte in the message is sent as two ASCII 4 bit characters.
Device connectivity features
- Relay: This option allows you to connect a simple Relay module to your system. It is az electrically operated switch that can be turned on or off, letting the current go through or not.
- Electricity: The Eelctricity module is great to run your system more efficient. It can read data such as energy, active power and voltage. It can be used to save energy.
- DHT Sensor: The DHT Sensor is capable of measuring the temperature and the humidity of its environment.
- Temperature: The Modbus Temperature sensors are quite accurate and have good stability. These sensors are suitable to use in greenhouses, glove boxes or fermentation and stability chambers.
- I/O Module: These I/O modules can be used to extend you Modbus system by expandng the number of I/O points in the field.
- Digital counter: The Digital Counter module is designed to read data from meters like energy, gas, water or heat meters. The readings are stored in the built-in memory of the device.
User connectivity features
- Standard user connection: The Standard user connection is the best choice, if you would like to use the simplest configuration to handle meggases. You just have to provide a username and a password to use this connection.
- SMPP user connection: By using this connection, you can provide SMPP service to a customer. This user connection works with the built-in SMPP server that needs to be activated also.
- UCP user connection: The UCP connection is capable of providing UCP service to the customers.
- CIMD2 user connection: With this connection, you can connect to a CIMD2 service provider.
- HTTP user connection: This user connection uses HTTP API service. With this connection, you will be able to send text messages using HTTP GET and HTTP POST queries.
Application connectivity features
- SQL messaging: The Modbus Gateway can handle messages from many types of databases such like MS SQL, Oracle etc.. This connection periodically checks for outgoing messages. The received messages also stored in the selected database by using another table.
- TXT file messaging: This feature allows you to handle messages from a simple text file. You can select from many different file formats. Ozeki Modbus Gateway creates a folder for the messages on your hard disk. The location of the folders can be also configured.
- Excel messaging: The Excel messaging feature is great for sending messages to a list of phone numbers stored in an Excel file.
- HTTP messaging: The incoming messages can be forwarded by using HTTP 'GET' or 'POST' requests. This client can also handle the response message from the webserver which received the forwarded message.
- Handle messages using FTP server: This FTP to SMS extended service is a great tool if you would like to send messages from a FTP server or save the incoming message to the FTP server. You can choose FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS and SSH FTP protocols.
E-mail client connectivity features
- SMTP client connection: You can connect to an SMTP server and send e-mails using this connection to multiple recipients.
- POP3 client connection: This POP3 client connection can be used to check for messages periodically from a POP3 server, and forward them to a predefined recipient or a list of recipient addresses.
- Gmail client connection: By using this connection, you can connect to an Gmail account. You can use this connection to send messages to multiple recipients.
Message routing features
- Least cost message routing:Pre-route text messages based on phone number prefix or route costs to ensure optimum delivery costs.
- Backup message routing: You can route a message to different connection in case the primary connection is not working. For example if the Internet fails, or your primary Internet based service provider fails, you can automatically route the messages to a wireless connection. Of course you can route the messages to other Internet based service providers.
- Copy messages: The Modbus Gateway allows you to copy each message going through your system and forward it to a database for logging or to any Modbus connection. You can make one or more copies and route them to your prefered destination, which can be a phone number, an email address a database or any application.
Phone number manipulation features
- Sender number modification: The routing system is capable of modifying the number of the sender when the message goes through your system.
- Set up random sender number: You can pick a random phone number from a sender number pool, so the system is likely to pick different number for the different outgoing messages. This is great if you wish to operate a modem pool.
- Modify recipient phone number: This feature allows you to modify the phone number of the recipient. It is quite useful, when you wish to reroute the message in case the original recipient number changed.
- Modify phone number using regular expressions: You can write a regular expression to detect and change phone numbers for both sender and recipient numbers.
Message text manipulation features
- Replace message text: The text of the message simply can be replaced as it goes through your system.
- Append the text of the message: During the message processing, you can add some more text to the message while keeping the original text as well.
- Message encryption and decryption: You can encrypt and decrypt text messages in the routing table.
- Autoreply: The Autoreply service ensures to be able to reply the incoming messages automatically or forward them to a predefined destination. You can write a simple script to define the conditions of this service is going to reply or forward the message.
- Autoreply easy: You don't need to worry about writing any script with the Autoreply Easy feature. This service makes the replying even easier with you just have to write the reply message and the service executes the built-in script in case of an incoming message.
- Autoreply database: This feature makes it possible to execute SQL queries. SQL queries can return response messages based on information in database tables